Monday, October 27, 2008

Some Things Slip Through The Cracks

I posted last Thursday on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's article on Sarah Hagen. But, I did not notice that the NCAA News ran its story that it was working on, also on Thursday. Here is a link to the article. It's also on the women's soccer front page of NCAA.com, in the bottom left and complete with a picture of Nicole Sperl.

But, while I got your attention, Hagen scored three more goals last weekend and now has 20 for the season. That tied the Horizon League's freshman record and is one back of its single-season record. I was doing some research on freshmen in NCAA history. If I find anything, it'll be in our weekly release on Tuesday.

In other news, the Panthers jumped to No. 19 in the Soccer America national poll. SA gets a jump on everyone else with a Monday morning release. I don't want to try and forecast, but the NSCAA poll, where UWM is 18th, should see very little movement. There was only one loss by the entire top 25 that was not to a team ranked at least six spots ahead of the losing team (#14 Texas A&M over #15 Colorado, 2-1 in overtime). But, we'll see...