Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lindsay Laur Heading off to the World of Pro Hoops


Former Panther Lindsay Laur is headed to Puerto Rico to play basketball with the Carolina Giants after signing a professional contract earlier this week. She won’t have much time to get used to her surroundings, as the season opens Friday and she even thought she would probably go right from getting off the plane directly to practice.

She stopped by the SID office before she headed out and had a chance to talk about the opportunity.

“I feel like I want to keep playing as long as I love the game and stay healthy,” Laur said. “I feel like I honestly owe it to myself. I have a God-given talent to play, so I want to keep playing. If it comes to a point that I don’t love it, I will move on to the next chapter in my life. At this point it’s truly what I want to do for at least the next year or two.”

Laur also spoke about the possibility of playing in Europe in the future.

The former UWM star will miss her Panther teammates, but felt her career here in Milwaukee has really prepared her for this next step in her playing career.

“It is crazy how much you can learn in four years and it went so by quickly,” Laur said. “I am going to always give my best effort, to be disciplined in everything I do, pay attention to the details, and to persevere if things get tough.”

We will try and keep up with Lindsay with an update from time to time, but she already told me that the easiest way to follow her along the way in Puerto Rico would be to follow her on Twitter. Find her @LindsayLaur11.