Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An Overview Of The Italy Blog

The Panthers trip to Italy is now less than two weeks away, so it seemed like a good time to post a first blog entry and get the coverage officially started.

If you have been checking the main site over the summer, you have probably already read the overview of the trip, as well as a report as the Panthers completed their first summer practices in mid-July. Today, I added the schedule of games, the remaining practice schedule and news of the new page on the main site where you can find all of the Italy links.

One place that page will lead you is here - the Verizon Wireless Blog Zone. Throughout the trip, I'll post written entries, interviews and insights from the trip. Some will be basketball related, but most will not, and almost all of them will involve observations and insights about or from the players and coaches.

I should also have no troubles posting photos throughout the trip. I hope to post plenty of video, too, but that will likely depend on the quality of the internet connection in our various ports of call. We'll have video, though, even if some of it can't be posted until we return.

Finally, my biggest hope is to be able to do a live blog from each of our four games. I think I have a line on some wireless internet capabilities while in Italy, but not knowing quality of signal or facilities, I can't make that promise. But, if all goes well, you will be able to follow the game online as we go.

Regardless, you'll be able to stay completed connected to the Panthers even while we're a half world away.

I will tag every blog entry about the trip "Italy" so you can find them easily. In fact, the dedicated link from the Italian Job page on the main site will go right to the list of entries tagged Italy. I'll also do a fair amount of links to individual entries.

To get the momentum rolling, I'll be sure to have some additional entries over the next few weeks. And, there will be more preview coverage on the main site, as well, with practices restarting next week.